Field trip organization

Hi friends! We just went on our annual field trip to the Corn Maze this week. I think I'm still picking hay out of my hair! ;)

When it comes to taking 20 kindergarteners to a place where they can EASILY be lost...it takes a lot of organization on the teacher's part to ensure that no student gets left behind! This year I think I've got my routine down pat..

When we go on field trips we always ask for parent volunteers to work/monitor a group of kids. There is NO way I could do it all myself! Once parents have graciously volunteered, I put my students into groups of 3-4 depending on the amount of volunteers. Then I whip out my garage sale dots and name tags!
I put *my* name on the name tags...we have 5 other classes plus all the other schools and general public that are out there at the same time. That way...if a kid gets separated from the group it's easy to see who they belong to. Each kid gets a colored dot that places them into their group. Each volunteer is in charge of one color group.
Then...I make a little care kit for each volunteer. I pack things a parent might need without having to come to me to ask for bandaids, kleenex, sanitizer, etc. from my field trip kit. The little tag also has the list of students in each group.
This has been the BEST way to organize groups and volunteers for me and it works every time! Parents appreciate that I am prepared and aren't just throwing kids at them left and right. If you'd like the {EDITABLE} tags click HERE to snag them up!

5 comments

  1. What a great idea!! I can't wait to try this idea on my next field trip!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such awesome ideas! I can't wait to use them on my next field trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestions! We don't get to do many field trips, but we do have one coming up soon!

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your care kit! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great way to organize field trips! Thank you so much, Nicole!

    Ashley
    One Sharp Bunch

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me!

Back to Top